Terms & conditions
Polmanter Touring Park
is a family park catering for touring caravans, trailer tents, tents and motor caravans. Our guests’ enjoyment and safety always comes first and for this reason we ask you to read our terms and conditions before making a booking.
To maintain the happy atmosphere of the park, we reserve the right to ask anyone contravening these terms and conditions or behaving in a manner likely to cause distress or nuisance to leave immediately. If this happens, the holiday will cease and we will not be liable for any extra costs incurred.
from Friday 21st July to Sunday 27th August 2017 can only be made to arrive/depart on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, for a minimum of seven nights. Advance bookings made at other times should be for a minimum of three nights.
We cater for families and couples, and so cannot accept bookings from all-male or all-female parties of three or more. We may turn down any booking we don’t feel is appropriate for our environment.
- Remove the attached booking form and pay by
cheque (payable to Polmanter Touring Park) or credit/ debit card.
- Use our easy online booking service at polmanter.co.uk
- Call us on 01736 795640 to pay by credit/debit card (not American Express).
The person making the booking is responsible for it and warrants that they are over 18 years of age and that the party will contain seven people or fewer.
is with Polmanter Ltd, Halsetown, St Ives, Cornwall TR26 3LX. A contract exists as soon as we have issued our confirmation form and we recommend that you check this carefully to make sure that it reflects your wishes. If you notice any discrepancies, please let us know within seven days (or 24 hours if your holiday is due to start within 14 days).
The terms outlined in this contract do not affect your statutory rights.
The price of the holiday
Once your booking is made and you have paid a deposit of £45 per week or part week, the price of your holiday will not change unless the rate of VAT changes.
We ask that the balance of your holiday be paid at least 42 days (six weeks) before the start date. This applies to all holidays and no reminders are sent out. If your balance isn’t received in time, your holiday could be cancelled and your deposit lost. We are unable to transfer holidays to another person or year.
If you cancel your holiday
You can cancel your holiday at any time and this cancellation will be effective on the date it is received by us in writing or via email. Our standard cancellation charges are:
- More than 43 days: value of deposit only.
- 42 days and under: 100% of total holiday cost.
We recommend taking out your own cancellation insurance, as we are unable to give refunds.
If we cancel your holiday
If we are unable to provide the booked holiday and have to make a cancellation before it is due to start, you will be entitled to a full refund of the money you have paid.
Please tell us the size of your unit, including any tents, when making your booking so that we can allocate you a pitch large enough for your needs (maximum tent size 8x8m including guy ropes). If your requirements later change, we can’t guarantee to provide an appropriately sized pitch. We are unable to accept bookings for American-style motor homes.
Your pitch will be ready on arrival day by 12pm (midday). When you get here, please use the arrivals area provided at the entrance to the park. This space is available from midnight on the first day of your holiday, should you arrive early. To avoid disruption to other guests, the latest time you can move onto your pitch is 10pm on your arrival day. If for any reason you do not arrive on the date booked, and if you haven’t contacted us with a reason for the delay, the pitch may be re-let from 6pm on the next day.
We will try our hardest to allocate the pitch of your choice, but acceptance of a booking is not conditional on the allocation of a particular pitch.
Your pitch number and directions to it will be confirmed on arrival. If you are in any doubt about whether you are on the correct pitch, please check with a member of staff as anyone on the wrong pitch may be asked to move.
While we’ll do our best to help, if you would like to extend your stay beyond the booked dates we are unable to guarantee that the same pitch will be available.
Holiday behaviour standards
By making a booking with us you will enter into a contract in which you agree, on behalf of yourself and the other people in your party (including children), to respect our standards of behaviour:
- To act in a courteous and considerate manner towards our staff and guests.
- To supervise children so that they are not a nuisance or danger to themselves or others.
- To ensure all ball games are played in the sports area provided and not in the rest of the park.
You also agree that you will not:
- Commit any criminal offence at the park or undertake any criminal activity.
- Commit any acts of vandalism or nuisance.
- Create any undue noise or disturbance and keep noise to a minimum, especially after 11pm.
- Carry on any trade or business while at the park.
Health and safety
For your wellbeing and safety, we ask that you respect the following guidance:
- The speed limit within the park is 5mph.
- The provisions of the Highway Code apply to roads on the park.
- Commercial vehicles cannot be brought into the park unless pre-arranged.
- No mechanical or repair work is to be undertaken within the park.
- No recreational vehicles can be used in the park, including motorised scooters.
- Bicycles should be ridden with care and helmets
should be worn.
- Skateboards, scooters, hoverboards and rollerblades should not be used.
- The sports field should be used for all ball games, kite flying, etc.
- Children should be supervised by an adult and follow the displayed rules at all times while using the indoor soft play area.
- Guidance for use of the swimming pool is displayed at the pool entrance. Children under 15 years of age should be supervised by an adult (18 years or older) and anyone misusing the pool will be excluded from
the area for the remainder of their stay. Only swimming aids, such as armbands, are allowed; inflatables, surfboards or balls will not be accommodated. Diving
in the pool is not allowed.
- Please make yourself aware of the nearest fire point.
We hope that you enjoy your stay, but as Polmanter is a family park we cannot tolerate any underage drinking. All teenagers must be under the control of, or be with, their parents/guardians and must not be allowed to roam the park after 11pm.
We welcome up to two dogs per pitch. If you bring your dog with you, we ask that you:
- Keep the dog on a short lead (two metres) within the park at all times.
- Make use of the designated field to exercise your dog off a lead.
- Clean up after your dog.
- Do not leave your dog unattended at any time.
We may ask owners to remove dogs from the park if they become a nuisance or danger to other guests.
If you plan to have visitors during your stay, please ask them to report to reception on arrival with their car registration number. Four hours’ free parking is provided for visitors (up to 10pm) in the designated area. For visits longer than four hours, there is a parking charge of £4.50. Cars are parked at the owner’s risk. For insurance reasons, use of the park facilities is for guests only.
- Raised barbecues are welcome and blocks are available for use with disposable barbecues (please enquire at reception). However, we do not permit open fires and chimineas.
- We ask that you do not use generators.
- We are unable to accept gazebos, event shelters or
day tents on site.
- No refunds will be given if you leave the park before
the end of your booked holiday, unless this is due to a breach of some obligation on our part, which would justify cancelling the holiday.
- The prices listed include VAT.
- The information supplied on your booking form will be stored on our computer for administrative purposes. We will never share this information with a third party (Data Protection Act 1984).
- Some of our facilities may be reduced or curtailed according to the season. The swimming pool, bar, restaurant and shop will be open from the spring bank holiday to mid-September.
We hope you will have a fantastic stay but if you have a complaint about anything during your holiday please let a staff member know immediately. If you’d like to follow it up after leaving, we ask that you get in touch within 28 days of departure.
Access statement and policy
We aim to provide the very best service to all of our guests and have a specially prepared access statement available, which describes the facilities we have to offer. This includes a copy of our terms and conditions and a booking form, both in large print. If you would like a copy, or wish to discuss any other special needs, just make a member of our booking team aware.